Any workout is better than no workout. But, that doesn’t mean you’re getting the most out of your exercises. We’ve listed the top techniques you can incorporate to maximize your workouts.
1. Cardio alone has significant weight loss benefits. However, once you incorporate weights into your workout you will amplify these effects. A great way to do this is to wear wrist or ankle weights during your cardio.
Thinking Exercise Gets you a Pass
Exercise and dieting go hand-in-hand when you're trying to lose weight, one won’t work without the other, but the key is to ramp up exercise (calorie burn) while decreasing calorie intake. It's easy to overestimate how much you burned during an exercise session and then eat too much to compensate, sabotaging your goal. Keep track of calories burned and eat in accordance.
Track Your Successes.
Weigh yourself consistently and keep track of your results in your food journal or on a graph where you can see your progress. Most people do well with weekly weigh-ins, but data suggest that weighing yourself more frequently is effective if you find that the results are motivating.
Of course everyone knows protein is key to building muscle and staying lean, and you make an effort to consume enough daily. But how much protein do we actually need?
Make a list of goals:
1. Be specific: e.g. I will lose 3 kilos of body fat
2. Be Realistic: e.g. Are my goals realistic with work, time and other responsibilities?
3. Set yourself a time frame e.g. I will lose the 3 kilos of body fat in 4 weeks
4. Set challenges: e.g I will be able to complete a muscle up
2 large or 4 small chunks white Chocolate
2 + ½ cups fresh Coconut milk (the refrigerated kind such as Apro – as opposed to canned coconut milk)
1 Scoop ASD Performance FUSION Protein
6 tbsp Oats
1 ripe Banana (the riper the better)
200g butter, softened
ASD FUSION Protein Powder
1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
Amp up your pre-workout protein shake with coffee to help you power through those strenuous lifts. A moderate amount of caffeine is shown to boost stamina, improve endurance and delay fatigue, so down this delicious mocha blend one hour before hitting the gym.